Welcome back to another episode of The Unstoppable Profit Podcast. Today, we have an exciting guest Sid Upadhyay from WizeHire. Sid shares insights from his experiences that helps main street businesses find top talent and compete with larger corporations. He’ll discuss the challenges entrepreneurs face when it comes to hiring, the impact of culture on the hiring process, and the importance of adaptability in today’s rapidly changing market. We’ll also explore the role of technology, automation, and coaching in streamlining the hiring process and providing entrepreneurs with the tools they need to find the right candidates. Additionally, we’ll discuss the strategies for writing compelling job ads, attracting talent in a competitive market, and the benefits of involving the team in the talent screening process. Let’s dive into the fascinating world of finding and retaining top talent.
- WizeHire helps main street businesses compete and find top talent by providing support in job ads, candidate screening, interviewing, and onboarding.
- Their goal is to make the hiring process easier for entrepreneurs.
- Attracting talent in a challenging market. Write compelling job ads highlighting value propositions and benefits and post everywhere to reach the right candidates.
- Culture is essential in attracting and retaining talent for a business. It defines the organization and should be nurtured and questioned by all team members. It is a deciding factor for potential employees who learn about the company through networks and may walk away if the reality does not align with the culture portrayed.
- WizeHire provides coaching services and technology can level the playing field by offering affordable and accessible solutions.
- Regularly check in to see what’s working and not. This creates trust and loyalty. Adapt the business and culture based on feedback. Create a two-way dialogue with employees.
- Creating and maintaining a strong culture is a shared responsibility, starting with the entrepreneur.
- Adaptability is key in an ever-changing market.
About Sid Upadhyay:
Sid Upadhyay is the CEO and co-founder of WizeHire, a leading hiring platform helping small businesses grow with a better way to hire.
Prior to founding WizeHire, Sid and WizeHire co-founder Jay Niblick developed personality assessments and technology for Fortune 500 companies.
Sid saw firsthand how effective personality assessments are during the hiring process. He thought, “How can we bring these benefits to small businesses to help them hire the same caliber of talent as large corporations?”
When Sid and Jay brought personality assessments to the small business market, they realized there was so much more that they needed. Small business owners could benefit from writing better job ads, the ability to post their opportunities in more places, and a hiring process that is fast, easy, and affordable.
Sid responded to this need in the market and wrote the original code for WizeHire in 2014. Now, the company serves more than 15,000 customers and has 100+ employees with plans to double again in 2022. As the company has expanded, WizeHire has maintained its excellent company culture, recently named to Inc.’s Best Workplaces list in both 2022 and 2021.
In May 2022, Sid led the company through a $30 million Series B funding round, bringing the company’s total funding to date to $37.5 million and its valuation to $250 million, to carry out his vision of a world where every business on Main Street succeeds.
Sid holds a B.S. in statistics from the University of Texas at Austin, is an avid cook, and lives in Houston with his wife and wheaton terrier poodle mix, Pippa.
Until next time, get out there and make a difference, be unstoppable, and leave no regrets!
The Unstoppable Profit Producer
Virtual Events: http://www.uppfaststart.com/
Email [email protected]
Virtual Training: http://uppfaststart.com
In Person Training: http://beunstoppablebootcamp.com