Sales is not just about knowing your product, it is about being confident, being noticeable, and most importantly, it is about the relationship with the client. Author, trainer, mentor and speaker, David Carothers joins me today on the podcast to talk about how he took the step to be the one that stands out from the crowd, and the strategies he uses to make him the success he is today.
- The beneficial social impact moving frequently as a child on his sales ability today
- Finding a work life balance
- Launching Florida Risk in 2016
- Writing his book, The Extra 2 Minutes to help people with sales strategies
- Finding the problem behind the symptom
- Driving the relationship with value proposition
- The two things needed to be successful in commercial insurance
- Utilizing a meeting agenda for both current and potential clients
- Act like you belong there because you do
- Doing recon before your meetings
- Hiring potential sales producers that have experience in sales but not in insurance
- The Protégé, a reality tv show, that has 76 applicants compete for lifetime access scholarship to Killing Commercial.
- Words of wisdom for these moving from personal to commercial insurance
About David R. Carothers
David has held positions in sales and sales leadership throughout his career. Currently, he is the Agency Principal of Florida Risk Partners, LLC – a full-service insurance and risk management firm in the Tampa Bay area. In his current role, David is responsible for identifying, recruiting, training, and retaining high quality sales talent. During his 3 decades in the workforce, David has held jobs in door-to-door sales, retail, e-commerce, business to consumer and business to business sales. Because of his diverse background, David has been able to witness the baits of excellent sales professionals across several mediums. His unique experience has allowed him to create a definable set of actions that are simple to implement but nearly never used.
The greatest deal David has closed comes in marrying his wife, Andrea. When he is not working, David enjoys spending his time with his wife and 4 children. Whether spending the day at a theme park, relaxing on a cruise boat or spending a long weekend fishing in the Florida keys, time with family is David’s number one priority.
For information on sales training, mentoring, or speaking engagements, please visit www.extra2minutes.com
Until next time, get out there and make a difference, be unstoppable, and leave no regrets!
The Unstoppable Profit Producer
Email [email protected]