Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More
With 15+ years of experience as an independent insurance agency entrepreneur, Kim Angeli knows the importance of connection in creating a successful business. One of the more underutilized methods to do this is Nextdoor, an app for neighborhoods where you can instantly connect with people, businesses, and happenings near your home. Kim walks us through the best ways to use this app to build relationships and success.
- During the covid lockdown, people moved away from Facebook to Nextdoor as they were able to readily find information about what they needed locally.
- Nextdoor has experienced significant growth and has added many features on the business pages that can be used to your advantage
- You have to manage your reputation, so keep Nextdoor up-to-date with your branding, etc
- Nextdoor allows two business posts a month, an equivalent of $3500 in free marketing
- The cumulative effect on Nextdoor to get yourself the visibility you need
- With greater SEO and AI, the more hearts that you can gather from local residents, the greater visibility you garner
- National sponsors do not get hearts so local businesses are more prevalent on the pages
- Have at least five hearts before you go and post your advertising or marketing from next door because it doesn’t look professional.
- Hearts are the keys to the recipe of success for next door.
- Interact with and appreciate those who gave you recommendations. Interaction is important in order to build those connections.
- 68% of people will leave you and never do business with you again because they feel unappreciated
About our Guest:
KIM ANGELI, is a unique entrepreneur with a diverse background. Kim is known globally as the creator of The Grateful Box®, Grumpy to Grateful and Nextdoor Business Mastery Programs. She is passionate about teaching business owners how to WOW clients, increase revenue and inspire referrals. She began her career after graduating from East Carolina University with Campbell Soup Sales, transitioned to technology, helping Sprint bring the first digital mobile phone to the world and her final Corporate America job at Cisco Systems. After finding herself in the “dot com bust” she started her insurance agency from scratch 11 days after 9/11. After 15 years of owning, growing and merging insurance agencies under her practice she sold that practice and took the leap into inspiring grateful living around the world. Kim has been featured in Business News Daily, Authority Magazine, Reminder Media Stay Paid Podcast and is a sought after keynote speaker on her programs, including An Attitude of Gratitude in the Workplace, How to take a grumpy client to grateful, and giving business owners strategies to WOW clients. When she is not speaking and teaching, you will find her traveling with her husband, daughter and black lab. She is also an avid boater, reader and spa junkie. You will also find her hanging out with her Rotary Family around the world serving others.
Until next time, get out there and make a difference, be unstoppable, and leave no regrets!
The Unstoppable Profit Producer
Email [email protected]