With a mission to modernize insurance’s financial infrastructure, Ascend’s co-founder, Andrew Wynn, joins me to discuss not only how Ascend can help you grow your business and create wealth so that you have more freedom, but they are also going to give you more freedom. Whether or not accounting is your strong suit, this episode will help you discover the efficiencies you need in your business today.
- Discover how Andrew and his partner, Praveen, got into marketing to insurance companies to help agencies focus on the client and not worry so much about the infrastructure like accounting and payments.
- With the advancement of technology, we started investing in carrier-focused tech and perhaps have gone too far with all the insurtech companies
- As the capability grows, consumers don’t want to buy insurance from a computer but instead from a person who is going to be enabled through technology.
- Companies are shifting their direct bill to Ascend because they want to own that customer expense and receive commissions earlier
- When the sale is ready, make it as frictionless as possible to complete the transaction
- Traditionally insurance has been a virtual product sold in a physical building and it does not need to be that way.
- When you’re myopically focused on the little parts of the business, you sometimes forget the bigger picture.
Ascend is founded by two-time insurtech entrepreneurs, Andrew Wynn, and Praveen Chekuri, who built a home maintenance startup called Sheltr, which provides homeowners with routine preventative maintenance service and diagnostics to offer data-driven proactive care to catch issues before they become costly repairs. The company became the first acquisition made by insurtech unicorn Hippo because of its intuitive and technological approach to building an insurance product that went beyond the customer interaction. Prior to Sheltr, both Andrew and Praveen were employees at Instacart, leading the company’s product and data integration teams.
Until next time, get out there and make a difference, be unstoppable, and leave no regrets!
Email [email protected]