From the time that you launch your business, you need to plan for your exit, whether it be retirement or starting a new chapter in your story. One of the biggest issues that owners have is knowing the value of their business. Today’s guest, Jon Persky, is here to discuss the value of your business and what you need to consider when it comes times to sell it.
- The majority of owner do not know if they can afford to sell their, agency, retire and maintain their current standard of living.
- You really need to understand what everybody’s attitude is regarding retirement between the owner, the spouse, and the children when it comes to selling the business.
- When you pinpoint when you want to retire, then you have to work to maximize the value of the business for when you sell it.
- When selling take into factor how much cash you will end up with, even if they offer stocks based on a percentage of the EBITDA
- There are considerations to take into account if you are planning to sell the business to your children.
- The importance of getting outside assistance to value and sell your business
About our Guest:
Jon Persky graduated from Duquesne University, holds an MBA in Finance from the University of Pittsburgh, is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Insurance Counselor, and a Professional in Human Resources.
He has spent the majority of his professional career in the insurance industry in positions such as Controller, Chief Financial Officer, and Personnel Director. The agencies Jon has been associated with range from a large commercial lines agency to a 35 location non-standard specialty auto agency.
As a national faculty member of the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors for over 20 years, Jon is the Society’s exclusive lecturer on Perpetuations, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Agency valuations. He facilitates these topics as well as many others at Graduate Studies Ruble Seminars and Agency Management Institutes countrywide.
Until next time, get out there and make a difference, be unstoppable, and leave no regrets!
The Unstoppable Profit Producer
Virtual Events: http://www.uppfaststart.com/
Email [email protected]
Virtual Training: http://uppfaststart.com
In Person Training: http://beunstoppablebootcamp.com